Babies learn through interaction. Everyone who talks, smiles, reads and plays with them helps them to learn and grow.
Top 10 Tips
1. Infants start to recognise people they know and are wary of those they don’t.
2. Separation anxiety starts around six months of age and is perfectly normal.
3. Separation anxiety is a positive thing. It shows that your baby’s attachment system is working well.
4. Soothe your baby when they’re feeling anxious; it will pass.
5. Infants begin to read expressions, so interact and converse positively.
6. Babies are learning language well before they start talking.
7. Create an environment that’s rich in language.
8. It’s never too early to read to your baby.
9. When reading, be totally guided by your child.
10. Sing and talk to your baby.